Client Care & Team Support Virtual Assistant
(Scroll down for full job description and qualifications.)
How to apply
To apply for this position, send an email per the instructions below with answers to the following questions. Please do not skip any questions.
Any applications that do not follow these instructions exactly will automatically be deleted from consideration.
- How does your background and experience fit the requirements for this role? (Be sure to include any specific trainings or skill sets that would provide extra value for this position.)
You can provide a cover letter and resume, a link to this information on your website, an online resume, or a complete list of your past work experience in the email itself. Whichever method you choose, please make sure to address the question completely.
- Why does this opportunity interest you?
- Why do you think you’re great for this position?
- Share up to three examples of past experience that best demonstrate how you can excel in the role of Client Care & Team Support Virtual Assistant.
- What are the top three characteristics you have that we should consider when reviewing your application?
- Listen to the audio at http://ds1.downloadtech.net/cn1086/audio/743810726584330-001.mp3, type the question into the body of your application email, and provide your response. (Note: The audio takes a few seconds to kick in.)
- What are your own goals for 2018 and beyond, and how does this opportunity fit those goals?
To submit your application, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Client Care/Team Support Virtual Assistant position.”
The deadline for applications is June 12, 2018. We’ll be reviewing applications starting June 13, and short list candidates will be selected at that time.
All candidates who make the short list will be required to complete an assessment and a few sample tasks so we can see your brilliance in action.
Our goal is to hire someone by June 21. You will train with my current VA and begin work on your own in July.
Have a wonderful day, and thanks again for your interest in this position!!
Full Scope of Work and Job Description
We’re looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, happy, healthy and energetic individual to join our team on a part-time (as needed) basis. Our company is growing and this position has many opportunities, including advancement and training for the right candidate.
COMPANY AND MISSION
HeartFULL LLC is a personal empowerment and creativity/success development company, with the mission of helping people do their creative work, create lives they love, and make money with their creativity. We teach “Creative Witchery,” helping people access the magic of creation in order to realize their visions. We write and publish, offer coaching and training programs, and create live experiences that enable people to transform obstacles, access their personal power, and reach their goals.
THE POSITION – Client Care & Team Support Virtual Assistant
The key objective of the Client Care & Team Support is to be a world classrepresentative and reflection of Emmeline Chang and the HeartFULL/Creative Witchery brand. The successful candidate understands that every action they take sends a message to our clients (both internal and external). S/he will understand that the first impression is a lasting impression and that our actions directly impact the bottom line of our company.
We are looking for the right person who can hold this position with maturity, elegance, a deep level of care and always looking for the best way to balance the needs of the clients and the business.
As an implementer, you will apply your passionate team player skillset, your ability to pick up and run with new technology and processes (in an ever-changing landscape) and your exceptional people skills to support the success of this fast-growing business. You will be responsible for completing all tasks that are assigned to you (project and ongoing tasks) in a timely manner and with a high level of care and accuracy.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Monitor, direct, and respond to company emails in a timely and professional “on-brand” way
- Communicate with our valued clients about program details, dates, troubleshooting, etc.
- Be the first point of contact and treat every interaction as the beginning of long-term client relationship (sales mindset)
- Nurture these important relationships by providing world class client care
- Schedule client sessions in Google calendar and other appointment booking systems
- Maintain system for automated scheduling and reminders about client sessions
- Set up and maintain system for client birthday and holiday cards, as well as thank-you and welcome gifts
- Send welcome packets and coaching agreements to new clients
- Act as a liaison to joint venture partners by scheduling appointments, sending promotional copy, and following up on whether promotions have been carried out as agreed
Editorial and research support
- Proofread newsletters, program guides, and other materials, ensuring that all materials are accurate, error-free, and stylistically consistent
- Format handouts according to pre-designed templates
- Proofread and maintain quality control on sales pages, web pages, and other internet marketing materials
- Post pre-approved copy on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc)
- Update web pages using WordPress
- Set up Zoom webinars, Instant Teleseminar calls, and other virtual events according to company process
- Set up sales pages using ClickFunnels
- Edit and create autoresponders in Simplero
- Set up order forms, affiliates, etc in Simplero
- Edit or set up surveys in SurveyMonkey
- Create contract templates in Adobe Document Cloud
- Do light editing on audio and video files (splicing files together, cutting off dead space at the beginnings/ends of recordings, adjusting voice volume, etc)
- Make travel reservations
- Create processes to streamline and systematize administrative work
- Perform set daily, weekly, monthly tasks as set out by Emmeline
- Assist in other administrative tasks as needed
The IDEAL PERSON for this role is/has
- At least 2 years of applicable experience (and/or training) in the areas outlined above
- Warm and friendly, with good people skills
- A+++ English-speaking oral and written communication skills. Our “brand voice” is connected, friendly and engaging. You must be able to write warm, connected (yet direct when needed) email replies. If writing is not your “strong suit,” this position is not for you
- Strong editorial skills. Knowledge of editorial and proofreading markups a plus
- Detail-oriented with a perfectionist streak, a high level of accuracy is a must in this role. If details are not your “strong suit,” this position is not for you
- Driven to complete tasks in a timely manner, with the aim of having a completed to-do list at the end of each day
- A strong understanding of technology and various industry standard programs, but more importantly, the ability to pick up and use new technology quickly, independently, and without formal training
- Self-motivated and able to work with little to no supervision
- Takes initiative to solve problems and develop systems to improve efficiency.
- Some HTML knowledge is an asset
- The ability to understand and communicate the brand message in all pieces of communication that leave the office
- Team player who can follow instructions
- Strong connection with the mission and purpose of the business
Standard home office equipment, including printer and scanner
Standard home office software, including MS Office and Adobe Acrobat or compatible PDF-maker
Photo, video, and audio editing software are a plus
Software and web tools
These are the software and web tools I use regularly. Ideally you are familiar with all or many of these. If not, you are someone who is comfortable with technology and who picks up new technology easily and quickly.
MS Office, especially MS Word
Adobe Document Cloud
Basic HTML coding a plus
Straight up: Do NOT apply if
- Your schedule is already loaded with clients and you are strapped for time
- You do not have a strong writing and editorial background
- You are not a “details” person
- You miss deadlines or return deliverables late
- You are not good at picking up new technology quickly
We have fun AND we are very serious about our mission and the quality of our work. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person.
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION:
We’re a virtual company, so you can work from anywhere in the world! However, you need to have your own equipment and capability to work from your own home office.
You should have some availability during our business hours (M-F, 10am-6:30 pm) Eastern Time. Work on evenings and weekends will be required from time to time in order to meet deadlines.
This position requires a commitment of 5-7 hours per week to start. If you’re excited about growing yourself with an awesome company that is up to big things, this is the position for you! This is NOT the position for you if you’re trying to sneak some extra hours into an already-full schedule or ultimately want to build your own empire.
Pay is monthly at $25+/hour for approximately 20 hours of work per month, depending on qualifications. (All required tasks are expected to be completed in the given time frame and all extra hours MUST be approved in advance.) I ask for a minimum one year commitment (with a 90-day trial period to make sure it’s working for both of us).
Additional benefits include possible performance-based bonuses, working from home, flexible hours, an energizing, possibility-oriented atmosphere, and regular contact with smart, dedicated, and inspiring people in creative fields as well as the internet marketing, coaching, and personal growth industries.
About Emmeline Chang, Founder of HeartFULL LLC
Emmeline Chang is a writer, coach, and mentor. As the founder of HeartFULL LLC and Creative Witchery, she helps people do their creative work, create lives they love, and make money with their creativity.
She has helped clients end long dry spells and jumpstart creative projects. Discover and do their true creative work. Make big career leaps. Dramatically increase their income. Create the lives they truly want.
Emmeline has an AB from Princeton University and an MFA in writing from Columbia University. She has published and taught fiction, run a writing/ editing business for ten years, and led a copywriting team at a top Madison Avenue ad agency. For over 20 years, she has also trained in creativity, business success, coaching, and transformational modalities. Drawing on practical outer tools and deep inner tools—as well as a passion for play and ritual—Emmeline helps clients do their true creative work and create the lives they want.