Want to know more about me?
Here are some facts for you.
- I am a highly practical woman of action. The child of first-generation Taiwanese immigrants, I was schooled early in hard work and high standards, and I understand what it takes to achieve success in many realms. I’ve gotten two Ivy League degrees… led copy teams at a top Madison Avenue ad agency… and built two “passion-based” businesses that gave me lifestyle freedom. I “get” traditional success—and success on your own terms.
- I’m also a mystic. An artist. A priestess. I come alive through ecstatic dancing, writing novels, drumming, doing Argentine tango, and facilitating rituals where people step into sacred play and change their lives.
- Some things I love: Eating adventurously and well (farm-to-table, dishes from every cuisine, local delicacies and street cart finds, you name it!). Long intimate conversations with friends. Historical fiction (and fantasy, and literary fiction, and riveting stories, and anything that’s compellingly written, especially if it opens a window onto new characters and places). New ideas. Entrepreneurship. Yoga. Dancing. Fresh mountain air.
- I’m a huge believer in continued personal growth. I’ve invested well over $100,000 in business trainings, transformational work, and other personal growth—and currently invest tens of thousands of dollars in my growth each year.
- My younger son’s Chinese name is “Zhongxi,” which means “joyful purpose.” I’m committed to all people being able to joyfully fulfill their life purpose.
- I’m working on two books: one about Creative Witchery—and one about people from different times and places whose lives are shaped by tea (a mistress and servant on an Indian tea plantation, a man shanghaied onto a tea-carrying clipper ship, the owners of a gay and lesbian teahouse in 1990s Taipei, and more).
- Even though I look (and am!) happily settled with a husband and two sons, I married late (age 39). I resonate deeply with both family life and the quest (at whatever age or stage) to find your own way. (I get both the fears and tears… and the moments of courage and joy and exhilaration.)
- I believe play is our soul’s compass. Through play we discover what truly inspires and delights us, tap into our unique brilliance, and access our deep inner wisdom about our right path in life.
- I believe your passions and deep soul’s purpose can coexist with profit, abundance, and—yes—real wealth.
- I believe that it’s no accident whom we meet along the way. There is something to learn from everyone and everything. Whether my role is to inspire you in this moment, to support you for a time, or to guide you throughout your journey, I’m honored and grateful to connect with you.