I’m a writer and a creativity and success coach living in Brooklyn with my husband and two young sons. I love the life I have, and I’m grateful to do creative work I love.
But, it took a journey to get here.
I was always a writer and storyteller. When I decided in college that I wanted to be a writer, I was paralyzed with fear. I wanted it so badly, but I had no idea how to make money doing it. In the weeks before graduation, I lay in bed every morning, afraid to get up because I didn’t know what to do with myself.
When it came to actually writing, I found it incredibly hard to do. I could only write under deadline. When it came to my fiction, I spent more energy avoiding writing and beating myself up than writing. And, I chose an ambitious fiction project with research on seven historical time periods and months of travel to multiple countries. For six years I struggled to write three stories–without finishing a single one.
At the same time, I was growing spiritually. I came to believe that we are all part of the Divine, that the Divine could be feminine as well as masculine. That we have responsibility and we create our lives with our choices. That we are each sacred. That our creativity is holy. And I discovered “magic”–a way of shifting my consciousness and way of being so I could create what I wanted in life.
I discovered how to transform emotional wounds and stop self-sabotage–and how to hold a vision and make it reality. I worked with my body. Shifted mental states. Cleared old energies. In the process, I also
- Finished a draft of the stories I’d struggled so long to write
- Started a writing business, tripled my income, and created a life where I could live comfortably in New York City while working half the year (I spent the other half of my time traveling, going to at writers’ colonies, visiting family and friends, and enjoying New York)
- Led a copywriting team at a major Madison Avenue ad agency
- Married an amazing man and gave birth to my two adorable sons
And, I began helping other creative people do what they love. I can help you
- Stop making decisions based on what others will think, what you “should” do, and what you’re afraid of
- Get past creative blocks and unleash your wild, creative self
- Do the creative work you’re meant to do
- Do your most powerful and authentic creative work
- Create the life you truly want
My clients have stepped into their dream careers and businesses. Written books and made films. Dramatically increased their income. Designed their businesses so they make more money and have time for their families and themselves. Brought magic, play, and joy into their lives.
And you can do it too.
In my coaching, I draw on the practical outer tools (business practices, branding and advertising savvy) and the deep inner tools (body-centered emotional processes, transformational work)—as well as a passion for play and ritual—so you can do your creative work and create the life you want.
My background includes:
- Heart Rhythm Meditation
- Artist’s Way
- Priestess Path Apprenticeship
- Ecstatic dancing
- Intuitive movement
- Transformational ritual
- Akashic records
- Wholeness Energetics
- Body-centered therapy
- Primary Emotional Energy Release facilitation
- Numerous business training programs
- Coach U graduate
- AB in anthropology from Princeton University
- MFA in writing from Columbia University
- Over ten years as a self-employed writer
- A successful career as a Madison Avenue advertising copywriter
- Learning to play!
Want to know more about me?
Here are some facts for you.
- I am a highly practical woman of action. The child of first-generation Taiwanese immigrants, I was schooled early in hard work and high standards, and I understand what it takes to achieve success in many realms. I’ve gotten two Ivy League degrees… led copy teams at a top Madison Avenue ad agency… and built two “passion-based” businesses that gave me lifestyle freedom. I “get” traditional success—and success on your own terms.
- I’m also a mystic. An artist. A priestess. I come alive through ecstatic dancing, writing novels, drumming, doing Argentine tango, and facilitating rituals where people step into sacred play and change their lives.
- Some things I love: Eating adventurously and well (farm-to-table, dishes from every cuisine, local delicacies and street cart finds, you name it!). Long intimate conversations with friends. Historical fiction (and fantasy, and literary fiction, and riveting stories, and anything that’s compellingly written, especially if it opens a window onto new characters and places). New ideas. Entrepreneurship. Yoga. Dancing. Fresh mountain air.
- I’m a huge believer in continued personal growth. I’ve invested well over $100,000 in business trainings, transformational work, and other personal growth—and currently invest tens of thousands of dollars in my growth each year.
- My younger son’s Chinese name is “Zhongxi,” which means “joyful purpose.” I’m committed to all people being able to joyfully fulfill their life purpose.
- I’m working on two books: one about Creative Witchery—and one about people from different times and places whose lives are shaped by tea (a mistress and servant on an Indian tea plantation, a man shanghaied onto a tea-carrying clipper ship, the owners of a gay and lesbian teahouse in 1990s Taipei, and more).
- Even though I look (and am!) happily settled with a husband and two sons, I married late (age 39). I resonate deeply with both family life and the quest (at whatever age or stage) to find your own way. (I get both the fears and tears… and the moments of courage and joy and exhilaration.)
- I believe play is our soul’s compass. Through play we discover what truly inspires and delights us, tap into our unique brilliance, and access our deep inner wisdom about our right path in life.
- I believe your passions and deep soul’s purpose can coexist with profit, abundance, and—yes—real wealth.
- I believe that it’s no accident whom we meet along the way. There is something to learn from everyone and everything. Whether my role is to inspire you in this moment, to support you for a time, or to guide you throughout your journey, I’m honored and grateful to connect with you.